Parsonage Farm

[Extract from “History of Some of the Old Buildings in Rode” by Dawna Pine, second edition]:

Parsonage Farm on the A361, near its junction with the Bradford Road, is listed as a 17th century farmhouse with 18th century alterations. It is shown on the 1792 map as being on a piece of glebe land (owned by the Church) on the southern edge of Rode Common. In 1839 it was still owned by the church and occupied by James Millet. By 1857 Alfred Pike was farming here and he continued until at least 1872.

Above: Detail from 1894 Ordnance Survey map
19 March 2024
Last Updated
19 March 2024